Wednesday, December 7, 2011

On moving toward the end of another year, I'm realizing... 
too many moments passed that left me unaware of their beauty and originality.  Even the messy ones that seemed ugly at the time.  Still learning the art of living life with eyes wide open... 
  
1 ...thankful for noise, laughter, and laundry
2 ...13 yr old son wrapping the drum set in his room with blinking white christmas lights...it totally rocks!
3 ...sharing life stories old and new
4 ...the sound of new songs being created behind bedroom doors.
5 ...oldest son turning 16 this year... brand new driver in the house... the way he looked before leaving for his first dance.  
6 ...phone calls from anywhere saying, "I'm on my way home."
7...working together with my mom on a late night project. 
8 ...read alouds
9 ...finding forgiveness
10 ...boys talking with a mouthful of food (I'm learning to chill out on this one, who says it's a big deal anyway)
11 ...roller coaster rides, horse back rides and all of us sharing the same hotel room.
12 ...stuff, just the way they left it... thankful for the mess and all those responsible for it.
13 ...a lifetime of "to have and to hold"!
  


1 comment:

  1. Jill, thank you for reminding me to be thankful for "all" things. Sometimes I tend to look at something out of place and get frustrated, but you made me realize stuff is not important, only the people who left the stuff is important. If only we all would stop to see behind clutter and find the beauty in our lives. This would make for a wonderful life indeed. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Please continue to write, I so enjoy and benefit from you post.Love, Melissa Wright

    ReplyDelete