Thursday, January 12, 2012

Deep and Intimate... Seeking and Finding



But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.  Deut. 4:29
So I'm staring at this verse today, after a friend emailed me a devotional with this song, and I realize... it's my birthday, 4/29!  Barely in the door on this 12th day of the new... searching, wondering, seeking to find... and there he stands finding me, all open armed.  My desire for him, is actually his desire for me flowing through me.  I've wasted too much time bowing the knee to things, situations, disappointments void of life and breath.  Though well meaning... only worthless statues that resulted in zapped energy, weakened foundations, and clouded focus... so I'm smashing some alters. Running hard to leap gently in arms that linger on the other side of the veil.  Excavating deeply the heart of the only One who gives me life and leaves me breathless... all in one sweep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment